The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new to me 2018 740TT and was wondering about a grease fitting. Up on the unloading auger at the elbow, is there still a grease fitting inside to grease the splines? My book doesn't show one and I looked at taking the "Claas" shield off but looks like its not meant to. If there is one there, someone needs there head examined. Like I said, that shield would be a pain to take off. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
77 Posts
There are actually 2 of them. I have greaser on my 2014 740TT, but it doesn't get these 2. Take a bolt off the rear end of the Claas shield and it swings ahead. We have a scissors lift on the farm and it still a pain to do. But I'm glad I found out about them, Lexion Combine Forum on Facebook pointed them out.

·
Registered
569 Posts
No there is nothing there to grease if you have the automatic greaser. The grease nipple is still there on my 2017 machine, but it is not hooked up inside. I was complaining about how dangerous it was to take off that stupid plastic shield to get in and grease the nipple on the top of the unloading auger and the service guys showed me that it does nothing anymore. Used to have to grease it. No on a 2017 or newer.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Twix, I am guessing you are talking about something else? I think foxtrot is referring to where the horizontal unloading auger engages the 80~ degree elbow gearbox.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twix, yes that is what i'm saying. The shield is not meant to come off. I agree, it would be dangerous trying to do it (had forklift and a pallet to stand on and it still looked bad). Seedcleaner, yes its were the two meet at the elbow. My 560R had fittings there, but thinking they did away with them on the newer machines. Thanks guys!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts