The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just upgraded from a 9750 to a 9760 and the 9760 has the brownbox and ITC globe, but the brown box does not have a spot to put a key card? im thinking i need a mobile processor. should i buy new or get one used somewhere? second question will be what kind of key card do i need to record maps and such sort? We are new to greenstar and im just reserching into everything that im needing to know to have harvest go smoothly

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes you need a mobile processor if you want to make maps. Dont think you can buy new. Will have to buy used. You will need harvest doc on key card and also will need a data card

·
Registered
431 Posts
What the previous owner did was remove his display and keycard and put back the brown box that came with the combine. It will only do on the fly yield and moisture. There is another "brown box" that is the processor which is thicker, but will only run an autosteer in this case. What you will need is either a 2600 or 2630 monitor with a starfire 1 (sf1) key card activation. These monitors will allow you to map fields, yield map, moisture and autosteer. The 2630 is an updated 2600 that can run cameras if needed.

Now that you know which monitor, do you have the correct cables and mounting bracket? Also, did your combine come with integration or do you need an atu (steering wheel controller)? It would be best to talk to your john deere dealer to figure out exactly what you have and what you need.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What you will need is either a 2600 or 2630 monitor with a starfire 1 (sf1) key card activation. These monitors will allow you to map fields, yield map, moisture and autosteer. The 2630 is an updated 2600 that can run cameras if needed.

You can map with a brown box and mobile processor. Just cant see the map till you put data card into your computer.
And if you want to autosteer with a brown box you have to get the key card with harvest doc and autosteer activation on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay i have talked to my dealer and he says that i need a card like you guys have said. Too find one of these cards is like going on a scavenger hunt...:confused: i cant find one with just harvest doc and mapping on it to save my life. Does anyone know of one out there that has a card just without any autosteer activation on it???? that would be great:D

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Okay i have talked to my dealer and he says that i need a card like you guys have said. Too find one of these cards is like going on a scavenger hunt...:confused: i cant find one with just harvest doc and mapping on it to save my life. Does anyone know of one out there that has a card just without any autosteer activation on it???? that would be great:D
If you find one with both harvestdoc and autotrac activations, snap it up if the $$ is reasonable. They can be hard to find at times. You will appreciate having the tracking activation if you decide to put in an atu. Atu's are less than 2k and make long days much more enjoyable, your data collected will also be more true because your combine swath will always be same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts