The Combine Forum banner

greenstar yield monitor

12K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  colesfarmer 
#1 ·
I have a 9650 sts and it has the plug in and the mounting bracket for the yield monitor. I was wondering do i have to buy a processor and a display screen. If so is there anything else that i would need to purchase? I don't need auto steer: Just moister, yield, and acres. thanks

#5 ·
on a 9650 there should be a moisture sensor mounted on the outside of the clean grain elevator, and a small green box at the top front of the elevator head where the mass flow sensor is. There was a code at the time for Greenstar Ready minus the sensors, so while the plugs in the cab don't necessarily mean it has all the components, if they're pulled down where you can get at 'em they probably are (no other reason to have them flopping by the cornerpost instead of up in the headliner). If it doesn't have the components, never fear, there's a bundle available through Deere wholegoods.

Those had the old-style moisture sensor that wasn't quite as accurate, but they were a pile more reliable (in wheat, anyhow).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.