The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who believes World Weather Watch ? They say its over next week. I call BS. They have been wrong about everything in Eastern Manitoba in the last few years. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Anybody see the opener?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's what he said today:
"Frost will touch northern growing areas of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and
Alberta overnight on Tuesday, with freezing temperatures becoming more
widespread on Wednesday and Thursday nights, said Andrew Owen, an
agricultural meteorologist at Kansas City-based World Weather.

Lows on Wednesday and Thursday mornings will range from -1 to -5 Celsius
for most areas, but may drop as low as -7 Celsius in some spots, he said. The
freezing temperatures may last for several hours each night, long enough to
kill crops, Owen said."

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I doubt your get any benefit doing that. I think your time will be better spent on your knees praying for no frost. I know that's what I'll be doing!

Our soys are turning fast now and I think they will be okay by mid next week but our edible beans won't be, and they look **** good. Just can't win.

I could care less if the worthless corn freezes, won't make any money if it makes it.

·
Super Moderator
5,272 Posts
Worried about my soybeans too.
When you say that I'm reminded of this:

Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as
effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind;
the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.:)

Can you guess what song I pulled that from?

·
Registered
511 Posts
When you say that I'm reminded of this:

Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as
effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind;
the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.:)

Can you guess what song I pulled that from?
Baz luhrman, always wear sunscreen. 1999

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hello All
Are anybodies soybeans going to make it with a frost next week??? I saw last week fields around Winnipeg, MB were starting to turn a bit brown with most of them more yellow. Around here, they are all as green as can be. I do believe, here, they would all be toast.:confused:

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I'm in South Central North Dakota, only 15 miles away from the South Dakota boarder. Next week they are calling for three consecutive days of 34°, 33° and 32° for lows. Granted that's a long ways out to know for sure.....but if you are in Canada, and these are temps this far south in North Dakota, I'm thinking you are going to have a long week of stress worrying ahead of you..... I feel for you. I can say that if it does get that cold here or freezes in souther ND there is a bazillion acres of corn and beans that will be absolute toast!
Why stress about it? You can't do anything about it!

Might as well worry about what will happen to your farm if you are in an accident, or hit by lightening, or ......

Andrew

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
World Weather this morning:

Frost and freezes are still expected in most areas at one time or another during the coming week beginning Monday and lasting into Friday. Tuesday into Thursday will be coldest. Cloudiness and wind will be up on Monday morning limiting the occurrence of freezes with most of the cold occurring only along the northernmost fringe of crop country in Alberta and northwestern Saskatchewan. Tuesday morning will bring frost and freezes to a part of the Peace River Region and areas east to Cold Lake and Lloydminster. A few near freezing temperatures will also occur in far northwestern Saskatchewan Tuesday morning. Wednesday morning will produce freezes in all of Alberta (except along the front range and in a part of the extreme south where readings will be held higher due to cloudiness and some lingering precipitation) and in a large portion of Saskatchewan and northern Manitoba. Only the southernmost portions of Saskatchewan and the southern one-third of Manitoba will experience temperatures above freezing. Thursday morning should generate freezes in all of Saskatchewan, the eastern half to two thirds of Alberta and all of Manitoba. Areas that might have been spared of freezes Wednesday morning will likely experience them Thursday. The lowest temperatures for the three mornings will vary from -5 to 0 in virtually all of the Prairies. The coldest air will follow the center of the surface high pressure center from the Edmonton, Cold Lake, North Battleford, Wainwright and Red Deer areas Wednesday morning to the region from Swift Current to Yorkton, Melita areas southward into a large part of North Dakota. Freezes will impact most of the Northern U.S. Plains Thursday and frost with some freezes may still impact a part of the upper U.S. Midwest Friday.

The best news coming from this week’s killing freeze is that weather conditions following the event will be more stable for a while. Rainfall will be much less frequent and more sunnier days should be expected. Temperatures will trend warmer, although there may be a reinforcing shot of cold over the eastern Prairies briefly around mid-month. Wetter biased conditions may return, but not until later in the month.

Andrew

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.