The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Very well made video, thanks for sharing......I dream of fields as flat as that.....beautiful! That is a neat drill, cultivates in front of the seeding, eliminates the need for another tractor.....

·
Registered
548 Posts
That's an awesome video and that flat land probably has no rocks that's the stuff dreams are made of.

·
Registered
548 Posts
oh we have rocks, we put a ton of hours on in spring picking stones, baseball to beach ball sized. a high school student and a four wheeler go a long way!
If you can do a good job picking rocks by hand with a four wheeler I consider that no rocks we spend weeks with a tractor and degelman Rock picker picking rocks. We've had track hoes out digging rocks that tractors can't move.

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
Nice looking wheat, wish mine stayed standing like that! Might have to get your recipe some day.:wink:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sometimes the small ones are the ones that make it in a combine, all rocks are bad!

Its the small ones that the discbine likes to throw at tractor windows and try to break them, even with an expanded metal cage on the back of the tractor. The medium ones just bend the blades. All the big ones have been picked till we work the hay field again.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Very professional video Landon7174. I farm some nice flat land up here also, but those who have the hills have more acres to gain higher yields on compared to these table top fields.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts