Registered
396 Posts
The old floors were poor.
They have addressed that recently.
Other than that we really like them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Compared various bins last year. GSI, Brock, Westeel, Sukup. All have good and bad points. Sukup, Brock appear to have heavier stiffeners. Looks like GSI has their stiffener joints in line with the wall seems vs overlapping. Liked sukup and Westeel doors the best. Like how Westeel anchors roof sheets to the wall with a continuous angle iron vs clips but thats just my preference. Hard to determine exactly who has the heaviest wall sheets as each brand varies as size of bin varies. Westeel has G115 galvanizing vs G90 on most others. Sukup uses locknuts vs regular nuts on other brands. Westeel has the simplest roof sheets vs US bins having seperate roof sheets near the top. Just seems to have more pieces for no reason. For me this next featrure was a huge point for me. GSI, Brock, Sukup all have small sized roof lids on their large bins. Obviously not an issue if installing a drag or leg system but if using an auger this is important. Bins are getting taller ( 45 ft plus ) augers are getting bigger ( 13 or 16 inch diameter and 110 ft plus ) and as I get older my eyes get poorer so having a large lid is a big plus. 54 inch on a Westeel vs 24 or 27 on the others makes it much easier to position the auger. At the end of the day no brand is great they are all just OK.

On a side note I can't believe all the smoothwall bin companies still use such small lid openings. Works fine for a 10 inch auger but 13 and 16 inch can be a pain to get lined up. Need to have the engineers designing this stuff have to use things for a while so they would see their shortcomings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts