The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a 7120 combine that is guidance ready. what hardware do i need to complete the system to make it work. such as receivers etc. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
998 Posts
On a normal Accu-Guide ready system you would need a Nav Controller and 252 / 262. Speak to your dealer. There are other ways of getting around it too, but what I have said is the genuine way.

·
Registered
560 Posts
depending on what you need in the way of accuracy, a 162 receiver can be unlocked for guidance as well. Not good if you're looking at future expansion, but works ok for basic WAAS low-accuracy needs.

·
Registered
657 Posts
if your going to spend the money for the receiver i would say go withthe 262 right away then you could use it down the road for other things like your tractor or whatever.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would agree. After the 162 unlock, the 262 (WAAS) is only $1000 more, and the capacity for future expansion would easily make it worth the extra money (if it were my money we're spending).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: Contacted Case dealer and was referred to the area Trimble rep. Trimble rep said I need a Nav II and receiver.... but I want to also use this guidance system in my green tractors , and the Case navII will not work with my John deere tractors. for that I will need a Trimble navII and the assorted steering valves, cables, etc. AND a different monitor such as a 500 or a fmx, and if i used the trimble navII in the 7120 I would not be able to use the case ih 600 monitor which came with the machine. not to mention the sticker shock after being told the price..DANG!!!! $19,000 for the trimble nav II and receiver and i think that included the fmx, not sure. But this system will work in my 8410 John deere tractors. anyone else slightly confused?? Don't quote me on the price yet, I plan to meet with the trimble rep next week sometime. they are located about an hour and a half away from where i farm which raises a concern about customer service. Thanks for the help everyone. later

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way.. Harvested about 15 acres of rice this afternoon to try the new machine out, can't wait until it gets broken in and see what it can do. using a 25' D60 macdon

·
Registered
206 Posts
at least you may use your 262 receiver with EZ guide 500 or FMX. usually comes unlocked for omnistar so all you need is unlock it for RTK this way you may save some 1500 Euro for unlocking because EZ guyde usualy comes just with WAAS/EGNOS it takes unlocking for Omnistar HP/XP and then unlocking for RTK 1500 Euro each proximately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
"On a normal Accu-Guide ready system you would need a Nav Controller and 252 / 262. Speak to your dealer. There are other ways of getting around it too, but what I have said is the genuine way."

what are these "other ways" you speak of?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts