The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post a link for anyone interested in signing this. Not sure if it was placed anywhere else, I thought I should start it on it's own thread as I know some people avoid other threads for political reasons!

I noticed an Angus Reid report claims 4 out of 5 Canadians support the ban, funny thing is, I haven't heard one person I know of getting asked, so I assume the report is bull$hit, or they walked down a street in Toronto and asked 5 people.

Petition e-2574 - Petitions

·
Registered
341 Posts
  • I am against the ban. I can empathize with people who have been victims of gun crime however so many of these crimes are done with illegal guns or unlicensed owners. As for mass shooting issues in the states we dont live in the states. We have very strict gun laws in canada. The liberals want to pull on heart strings after nova Scotia gas it came out how many people died from the rcmp officers gun? Maybe rcmp shouldn't be armed?

My biggest issue with trudeaus ban is the two tier system. In one breath says you dont need an ar rifle to take down a deer (ar rifles are restricted in canada are not to be used for hunting, only at the range). Then in the next breath he says natives are exempt if hunting for sustance. He's playing two sides against each other.

He also did this ban because rural people have no voice in government so who care if you piss off a few rural farmers and small town folk.

I keep hearing the question Why do you need guns? It's my choice. I like them I enjoy hunting and target shooting. It's a nice social activity or solitary one. And again it's my choice. Some people golf, play hockey, race dirtbiikes, play piano, read books. It's your choice.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Trudeau said there is no place in canada for military style assault weapons. That is an out right lie. There is a place for them in his version of Canada . His police and military still have them but he conveniently left that detail out.

Both him and Sing said they “felt safe” when surrounded by cops with scary guns. Supposedly the rcmp had their carbines in their backpacks to not alarm the public, but to make trudeau feel safe. Funny how peasants aren’t allowed to feel safe.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I can understand our fear of liberals legislating what they deem as dangerous guns. To them all guns are dangerous but allowing muslim extremists and child traffickers into Canada isn't apparently. This time we live in is stupid beyond my belief. I remember as a kid seeing guns in every back window in a pickup. Nobody shot up the town back then. If you got in an argument you fought like men with your fists. You didn't fear someone because they had a gun or worried about them. Back then cops weren't afraid stopping people with guns in plain view. Now it seems that the world is fearful of everything. Guns don't scare me but people that want me to not be able to have one do. The reason North America never got invaded during the war was because every family in our vast landscape had guns and knew how to use them. The casualties they would suffer would have been enourmous.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts

• I keep hearing the question Why do you need guns? It's my choice.
Thins the trap that SO many fall into. "Why do you need a gun?". Then we often go on about all the reasons why we "need" a gun when, if fact, as you stated, we don't NEE one, we WANT one and that should be reason enough. When asked this question I respond with, "I'll tell you why I need one when you tell me why anyone NEEDS a car capable of going over the speed limit as well as doing 0-60 in under 15 seconds?". There are VERY few things scarier than a society that requires one to demonstrate a NEED for something before they can own it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts