The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a new to me 2009 H8040 tractor with a 40ft Honeybee Draper. I dont think the Draper is the original front that came with the tractor and has no electrical plug to connect to the tractor. I cant get the reel fore and aft to work. The operators manual seems to indicate that the system will know if the draper has "optional fore and aft reel" but as this front has no electrical connection to the tractor I cant see how???

quote <If the draper header has the optional fore and aft
hydraulic reel adjustment, the switch, 1, will be
active.>

Any wisdom appreciated :49:

·
Registered
113 Posts
The electrical hookup to tractor controls belt speed reel speed and reel fore aft. If that’s not connected none of that works. If it’s only the reel for aft not working then I bet the computer isn’t set to Draper in its settings. Hold both the up and down button on joystick while turning key on. After 3 seconds you are in header configure mode. Use the reel down up and reel for after to scroll threw the lines on screen. Under header configure its should say Draper if not change it to that as the reel functions will not work.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The header would need to have an electrical plug as the fore/aft is controlled from a valve block on the header by the left drive tire. This valve block gets the oil from the header drive circuit so the header has to be running with the engine throttled up to make the fore/aft work when power is supplied to the valves.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The electrical hookup to tractor controls belt speed reel speed and reel fore aft. If that’s not connected none of that works. If it’s only the reel for aft not working then I bet the computer isn’t set to Draper in its settings. Hold both the up and down button on joystick while turning key on. After 3 seconds you are in header configure mode. Use the reel down up and reel for after to scroll threw the lines on screen. Under header configure its should say Draper if not change it to that as the reel functions will not work.

It is already set to Draper. I found after some experimenting that the Tilt switch operates the reel fore/aft. As it doesnt have a tilt ram whoever set this thing up obviously connected the tilt function to give reel adjustment functionality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts