The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few visitors show up while drilling wheat today.

Here's one from the other night when the sun was just right

ks8780

·
Registered
886 Posts
heh, its funny when your scarifying and all the birds swoop in to get the worms and bugs in the soil.

What type of tractor are you running?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brickwalker::

The tractor is a 4840 Massey.

It always made me a little nervous when I used to drill with an open station tractor and the gulls showed up. Did'nt want to look up to much for fear of something landing in your eye or on your head. It never happpend but I thought about it everytime.

ks8780

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
Quote:brickwalker::

The tractor is a 4840 Massey.

It always made me a little nervous when I used to drill with an open station tractor and the gulls showed up. Did'nt want to look up to much for fear of something landing in your eye or on your head. It never happpend but I thought about it everytime.

ks8780

That's funny. Never thought of that.
Love the shadow photo.

Don

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Quote:

ks8780

You're just too funny, Ks8780! I may not have running any open station tractor--or even a combine, but I HAVE had my share of bird drops--on some of my outings and [camera] shoots.

I always loved it when flocks of gulls covered a wheat field so thick, you could hardly se the green, but still you wonder, if there's that many army worms---how much damage will still result?

Bad news is when a wheat field is swarmed by GEESE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts