The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we updated the ol 8820. Found a super clean 03 2388. Guess we will have to see how it does against the 9600 now.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Out of personal experience (not bashing!) 2388s like to burn rotor belts but will probably outdo a 9600. Best of luck with the new purchase.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Quote:the 8820 was a titan II, the green cab. Also the last year 1988

How many hours? Duals or singles? Where did you trade? Do they have a website?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It had about 3800 hrs on it. We had just put on new single rice tires on the machine about two years ago. We traded it in to titan machinery, however it wont ever touch foot there, a neighbor made a deal on it when we made a deal on the 2388. So when the time comes to warm up alittle bit, it will just come out of the shed and go to the neighbors farm. We do take alot of pride in how our machinery looks and it was about the cleanest one i have seen around.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Quote:there she is

Man thats a nice looking machine. I can see why the neighbor jumped on it. I wish we could have found a nice one like yours. I suppose you have seen the thread that I started about our 8820 with the before and after pics. Lots of work to get it to where it is now. We would have loved to have found one as nice as yours back when we were in the market to buy one. Would be nice to have another 8820 as nice as yours. Super sharp machine Magnum.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We ran a 25ft flex in soys, but in wheat we ended up using 30ft rigid most the time. The 30ft fed so much nicer than the 25 we could keep the same ground speed. It was kinda a shame to sell that one. When we compared part bills for both the 8820 and the 9600 every year the 88 was alot less money in repairs. It was a pretty cherry machine, but we try the best we can to keep everything top notch. The way i think, the better you treat your machinery, the better it will treat you!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2388 is still at the dealer. We told them not to deliver it until it warmed up alittle bit. Next time i go in i will try to snag a picture of it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We also had a couple 8820 titan 2's. We ran it for many years with great results. We traded for 2388's in the late 90's. Couldn't believe how much better the rotor was over the walker machines. I am probably the only guy running case combines that has a John Deere tattoo!
I used to bleed green. Sorry to say that John Deere can't touch a case combine. We ordered a 7010 this fall. To be fair we demoed a 9760 sts and the 7010. No contest. John Deere is really falling behind in the combine category. As far as tractors I could go either way, we have both. On the rotor belt comment, you will get anywhere from 600 to 1200 hours out of a rotor belt in my experiences. It isn't the funniest job in the world, but it isn't that difficult. Good Luck! You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You have to take some belt guards off and split a driveshaft that comes off the rotor belt, then you can slip it on over the pulleys. It is very tight fit but it can be done.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kansascutter-

I am really looking forward to running the 2388. All i know is it better be outdoing our 9600. It was bought with having that expectation, and if it dosent perform it wont be good. Everything else we run is red so it has alot to live up to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts