The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your help - I want to clarify the situation with high-sprayers (max clearance - 1,85m, trademarks Hagie, Nitro).
1) For what operation(s) it can be used for growing corn?
2) Why beam mounted in front of the sprayer, while the smaller sprayers have it on the back?
3) What is the maximum speed of this sprayer when using the "Autopilot" system?
4) What is the volume of a mixture for 1 hectare (acre) we might apply in this case?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Need your help - I want to clarify the situation with high-sprayers (max clearance - 1,85m, trademarks Hagie, Nitro).
2) Why beam mounted in front of the sprayer, while the smaller sprayers have it on the back?
4) What is the volume of a mixture for 1 hectare (acre) we might apply in this case?
1-Our Miller can be used for spraying Burn down pre plant,poast emerge x2 along with Nitrogen tool bar for late N application,then Spray tasseled corn with fungicide.
2- Front mount is easy to see when applying Nitrogen and can watch for plugged spray nozzles easy.
3-Auto pilot will not go over 22mph/35 kmph
4- we spray any where from 7ga/ac to 65 ga/ac of 28%
ours has 120 ft boom with 1600 ga tank
look up you tube 519doug to see some videos of what we spray

·
Registered
870 Posts
1) don't grow corn so don't know
2) if your talking SP sprayers in general some have rear, some have front. Both have pros and cons.
Front boom is easier to see blocked nozzles, easier to miss obstacles, can be converted to a windrower of sorts. Cons are more chemical on machine, if any nozzles are dripping you cannot get into cab without getting dripped on if booms folded.
Rear boom may be less susceptable to violent changes of direction as not mount next to steer wheels, less chemical on machine and operator. Cons are harder to miss obstacles, may get dust on spray if conditions bad, can't see blocked nozzles in middle of boom (and they seem to be the ones that always block).
3) You mean autosteer? generally around 25kmh. Depends on brand.
4) Depends on speed/nozzles and what your agronomist tells you. Most Australian spraying is done around 60-80 l/ha. I know europe uses a lot higher volumes.
5) I am coming straight over there straight away to marry you, drop dead gorgeous AND into farming. Whats not to like lol

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,879 Posts
5) I am coming straight over there l

Careful who you fly with. Actully I would drive if I were you.:D

Contractor here has a couple of nitros, he just won't shut up about how great they are. Making him alot of money, way more than when he had coupes, due to increased productivity. Same boom size just bigger tanks, HP and higher ground speeds.

He also runs a Fertilizer spreader on the front. Works very well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts