The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any experience with this sprayer and any tips or things to look for???? Have not had it in the field yet bought from a dealer big step up from what I had

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Good luck with it, there are hundreds of them in our state of various ages. If it is a new one you won't have any trouble for years, just flush you pump with clean water at the end of the day. Booms are good if you don't hit fences to often. One downside is nozzles and bodies are their own design so it pays to keep some spares on hand if your dealer is not close.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
I kept pulling the ends off the folding cylinders from cornering to fast. I made my own without the ball swivel and that helped. If spraying copper or anything like that you'll need the heavy duty heads on the pump if they are not already on. They are very rear heavy when both tanks are empty, had my 555 versatile nose dive a couple of times. Make sure you take the lid off the flush tank when filling or the tank will split and tie the lid to the tank somehow because someone will forget to put it back on and run over it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
We had one until only few yes ago. Nice boom thought stability was good. Only issue was the controller EPROM kept on going towards the end with no one able to solve. But that was just ours. As nobby said the nozzles and bodies are their own special ones so keep spares if u have an old man like mine was and tried reducing the width of the boom often thru fences and trees ;( also the steel is special dimensions as well so not as neat to fix ur self if don't want to pay wild HARDI prices for originals. Very Good boom though.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I kept pulling the ends off the folding cylinders from cornering to fast.
What, gee we have never seen that before! You must be mistreating it. That was the response I got from hardi.
Then I saw the pile of *****d cylinders at the back of the dealers......

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
Booms are good if you don't hit fences to often.
One day, we will have an indestructible boom... one day.

One downside is nozzles and bodies are their own design so it pays to keep some spares on hand if your dealer is not close.
I'm sure you know, hardi tips are a little bit of a 'shallower' square lug tip connection. If you have much easier access to other brands of tips, adapters might be a handy thing to have on hand. Either to throw an adapter with another tip on than wait a few days for a few replacements to come.

tie the lid to the tank
Definitely do this, nothing worse than having to buy $30 lids for a 2 second 'Oops'. I've literally talked to dozens of guys a year that lost lids either on their sprayers or when they are taking their empty water tanks on the highway. (Empty tanks have enough air in them to compress decently and pop the lids off if the the lids aren't too tight).

There are 'hinged' lids as well that if you lose yours once, you might forget again, so the lid just flips up and stays on. It also locks, just in case you have a neighbor that recently lost his lid :p (It happens more than you think)

All in all, good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Hardi put on a demo day at our dealer. What a depressing day. They spent a couple of hours explaining everything that would go wrong with the plumbing, then they went to go over the booms and how they folded and the tractor ran out of fuel. By the end dad wanted to tell them to go out the farm and tow it back. We kept it for six years but it was quickly called Hardly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts