The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, here are a few pictures from last weekend. I saved this Harris from the scrap man three years ago. It was originally purchased new by my great uncle in 1947. He was very fussy and so it’s in really good shape. This year we pulled it with my RD7 Cat. We also took turns taking my 60 Cat for a spin.

BP.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Nice, I never seen anything like that around here. I would love to see the operator station and other pictures from the top. Was that Harris always meant to be pulled by tractor or was horse an option too? Sort of looks like a ground drive. Everything around here of that era was mostly horse drawn equipment retrofitted to be used with a tractor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, this combine could have been horse pulled. However the use of Horses would have been nearly extinct here by ‘47. From the mid 30’s back it was quite common to see teams of 20 plus pulling a combine like this. This one is all engine driven, no ground power. Engine is a JXC Hercules. I’ll get some upstairs pictures for you.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Sweet. Would like to run one of those someday

On a day your newer combine has broken down and you are thinking " God I'm sick of this POS, this is the second breakdown this harvest." Then you get the full appreciation of your new machine!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thats fantastic, any video? I like seeing old equipment being used again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for coming up Tad.

Yes there is video, look up “Harris 30-38” on YouTube. I’ve got a few videos of it on there.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts