The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,979 Posts
I see you got some night hours in, those have been rare this year! And straight up wheat.
We went past midnight 4 times last week! Twice until 1AM, twice until 4AM.:eek: You aren't that far away???

Christian nice pics but when there is 4 empty feet on the header maybe it's time for auto-steer?;)

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
It deadset seems like you guys have not long finished planting now your harvesting...

Yields Christian? Quality?

Looks good...

Ant

·
Registered
880 Posts
wont do midnight unless we really have too, too much **** goes wrong when driving in the dark imo. but last couple of times I wished we pushed it harder

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It deadset seems like you guys have not long finished planting now your harvesting...

Yields Christian? Quality?

Looks good...

Ant

Yes... it's Balls to the Wall from May to October in Canada. LOL.

Seeded May 22nd harvested September 30th.

55 bu/ac (3.5 t/ha) #2 / #3. CWRS Little bit of frosted in it from the low spots. Fusarium is negligible. 12.7% protein 64lbs a bu (80kg/hl)

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We went past midnight 4 times last week! Twice until 1AM, twice until 4AM.:eek: You aren't that far away???

Christian nice pics but when there is 4 empty feet on the header maybe it's time for auto-steer?;)
We were running before the rain. Wheat was testing 19% and it was misting... The ole girl was running out of HP even being uprated to 280 so we were only taking 30ft cuts. We got done anyway.... would really hurt the color with this drizzly rainy snowy crap we have now.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts

yup, I did too. However, if I need 200hrs of threshing to get the crop in, and the majority of it comes in a block of around the clock blitz on consecutive days, the old man gets a little sleepy around midnight... So I fill every thing up and go home to start fresh the next day. I only have a small 1/4 of canola left, and a section of soys. In good shape.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
That's amazing I seeded some on the 20th of may, just in boot stage now, some seeded April 27th and just coming out in head...I'd love a growing season that short!! Not long to get your money?

Ant..

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
yup, I did too. However, if I need 200hrs of threshing to get the crop in, and the majority of it comes in a block of around the clock blitz on consecutive days, the old man gets a little sleepy around midnight... So I fill every thing up and go home to start fresh the next day. I only have a small 1/4 of canola left, and a section of soys. In good shape.
Had an intern from France this year. He did great. Had a couple weeks he put in over 100 hours. One night I thought he was going to fall asleep standing there when we finally got finished up. These young guys ;) Working for CAT dealer at a mine 100 hr weeks were common. One guy averaged over 100 hrs/week for the year. I do have to admit, without autosteer, I couldn't do it anymore.

Great looking crops. Looks better than anything in my area.

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Christian how are you drying your grain that is 19%?

Sorry, for the late response @SouthernSK

We used our batch dryer (one of the old verticals with a recirculating auger)... and when that couldn't keep up, took it to our neighbour who has a 600 bu batch dryer and legs setup.

Only took about 35 minutes a batch @ 60C plus 30 mins dry down... pretty warm days, just really foggy/drizzly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts