The Combine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I remember when that 8550AC came out. Dual stacks 300hp. And pto! No hydraulics tho.
Small cab but pulled not to bad.
Most have dual hydraulic pumps, one on the transfer case using it as a reservoir and the other on the rear end using it as the reservoir. Claimed to be 80 GPM. This one was on our 60a stacker for years. It would move the roof up and down at warp speed at reduced throttle compared to the 8640 we used on it in the 80’s. I’m pretty sure none were ever stolen because no stranger would ever get one to fire.

·
Registered
940 Posts
View attachment 165959
Love the fact the people I harvest with often take up to one hour supper breaks.
Tobi provided all of us with T-shirts on his visit from Germany this year, thank you Tobi!
Nice pic Don. Everyone around here thinks we’re crazy to stop for supper. It’s nice to stop and take a Break and refresh we stop for 30-45 min. If we’re 3 miles or closer to the cook we come to them other wise they come to us.

·
Super Moderator
5,241 Posts
Nice pic Don. Everyone around here thinks we’re crazy to stop for supper. It’s nice to stop and take a Break and refresh we stop for 30-45 min. If we’re 3 miles or closer to the cook we come to them other wise they come to us.
Thank you.

Same policy here, this supper was just barely outside that radius.

Those ladies put a pile of work into repeated excellent suppers, providing camping chairs, a wide assortment of drinks, hope they realize how much they are appreciated!
Krista, Jordana, Jen and Laura, I salute your excellent suppers!

·
Registered
940 Posts
It takes more than just the operating the equipment to keep everything moving. Very much appreciated for the key people that keep everyone working like clockwork. There’s three cooks here almost a competition who can out do each other. If you go away hungry you’re a fool!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Same here, the crew enjoys a good BS, and the kids get some time to make some memories. Some days I get a bit anxious stopping for 45 min or so, but you gotta keep in mind that it’s a marathon, not a sprint! Not many crews stop around here anymore, too many tough combining years in recent memory.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I salute you guys that stop for supper. Agree it’s a good thing but too many nightmare memories of past harvests of untestable grain, snow, etc. If conditions are even halfway decent here there is no stopping. Sammich in one hand and steering wheel in the other. Prob have a heart attack if the combines stopped for an hour for supper if we had dry grain coming off haha.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Wow hungry hard working crews! If I ate that much at 6 pm I'd be snoozing on combine/in truck. Full noon meal in Tupperware, rest is sandwiches, fruit, cookies. Lots of water, coffee, Tea. As far as BS we do that all day on radios. Neighbors, crop, other stuff all day keeps it sane, awake. And a round of drinks, visiting, at quitting time whenever that is.....oh there is usually 3 of us so no CREW! ;)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts