The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah....both heads are identical except one is a 83 i think...and the other is a 85

Don't tell me how much better some of these other heads are ...

Sure we are main problem is limitation of the head but we will live

I just wish case would have went away from the drive chains alot faster than they did

kinda get tired of messing with those idlers and that d**n bracket when it gets worn out

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speaking of these heads....

Its really hard to keep that bolt that holds the idler on the drive shaft from turning

Did anyone ever do anything to fabricate it or one of these companies who make parts clameing to be better ??

Just curious

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:yeah....both heads are identical except one is a 83 i think...and the other is a 85

Don't tell me how much better some of these other heads are ...

Sure we are main problem is limitation of the head but we will live

I just wish case would have went away from the drive chains alot faster than they did

kinda get tired of messing with those idlers and that d**n bracket when it gets worn out

hey as long as the still cut the corn nice pics iv had my fair share of 2388s they are good combines

Mason

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hey Guys I like the case board, I just joined.....I don't have any Fall Harvest pics yet, but I will post them as soon as possible. Were busy right now hauling corn out cause were filled up. The corn harvest is going good too. Yields are averaging 185-225 bph dry land. The wheat harvest was excellent. Average yields were 95-105 bph. Here are some of wheat harvest though. Hope you guys like them.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Dphinton2003 believe it or not it is a 9110. It is the biggest TURD. It has about maybe 200hp. That is a Kinze 1040. They are our neighbors he helps us out sometimes. It was late in the season and we wanted to get done so we could get the beans in.

·
Registered
975 Posts
MX 240,

We were using a Dupont program on the Pioneer Corn. I'll find out what chemicals, and I'll go back and look on the rest.

grewupgleaner1616,

We only have one combine the 2188. The AFX 8010 you see was a used 2004 model. We got behind in wheat so our dealer let us demo one to catch up. The tractor and cart is our neighbors up the road. He came to help us out a couple of days when they finished up.

I'll try to get some pics of us cutting soybeans. We have about 600 acres left to go.

·
Registered
975 Posts
grewupgleaner1616

That is a 7230 Magnum with a 20' 3 pt hitch end drive Alloway flail shredder on it. We pull it about 8.5 mph. He is shredding the corn stalks before we rip and work the ground for drilling wheat.After shredding the cornstalks they will sit for a couple of days. When we rip the ground it will bury more trash that way. There are some pics of the tillage on the planting and tillage section under tillage pics from Maryland.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Id think the last person to be picky would be a gleaner fan...

Yeah thats not the drivers fault thats the mom/planter driver

who's to blame

Always make sure your markers are set right....:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.