The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, here are some pics from the new guy. Nothing special, but it's our first year with the 2388 and 36ft draper so I'm still excited
. The combine is only a 2000 model, but it sure is a step up from the 1480 and 1680 it replaced. Enjoy!

This was one of the better fields until it fell down. I'm not looking forward to picking it up.

I have more, but I'll save 'em for later. Everyone take care and have a safe harvest.

Kevin

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nice looken 2388. How right you are about a step-up....I used to run a 1480 and now have a 2188 and it's the cats meow! Just wished I had some of that good looking wheat you have to run through mine..12 to 15 bu and very thin here. Easter freeze done us in.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:great pics, why are the two halves of the header different from each other?

Thanks for the comments, Tomo. For some reason the reel halves are timed differently, so instead all of the fingers coming across the knife at the same time, the left half crosses the knife, then the right. I have no idea why, but I've seen a lot of MacDons that were like that. It looks weird for a minute, but you get used to it pretty quick. Maybe someone else shed some light on this?

Kevin

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:...For some reason the reel halves are timed differently, so instead all of the fingers coming across the knife at the same time, the left half crosses the knife, then the right. I have no idea why, but I've seen a lot of MacDons that were like that. It looks weird for a minute, but you get used to it pretty quick. Maybe someone else shed some light on this?

That's normal. The idea is that it evens out the load on the hyd motor that drives the reel.

-Lance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts