The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the feeder chain on my 2188. I am looking at the Harvest Services poly chain. Are they any good on the Case combines?

I have heard coffee shop gossip that the plastic tears off, the chain doesn't last, slats bend easy and stay bent because of the spring steel. Any truth??

I am not looking for bullet proof. Just equal to the factory chain.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ran many of these chains in different combines (all case). Have one in 1688 and factory in 7088, 1688 was installed at same time as 7088 was bought so both have roughly same hrs and both are due to be replaced. Factory chains are much louder and not any tougher as both were put to test two years ago with peas that were in the dirt. For what its worth I'm installing harvest chains in both combines this year! P.S. Factory chain for 7088 $1700 :eek: Harvest chain $790 so even if I get a third less hours I'm money ahead !

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
There is another manufacturer of plastic feeder chain. We've used harvest feeder chain in all our combines with good luck. caseIh has really increased the prices on parts this year. Aftermarket suppliers will be getting as much of my business as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.