The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has had and experences with these heads, good or bad. Thinking about getting the harvestec or the geringhoff heads. Don't know if there as relieable as the 1063 IH heads. I was also wondering if the price is alot different to. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had prices a 12 row folding geringhoff head.. it was about 75,000 US that was with standard knife rolls and at 30in spacing.. I know the price was going up first of this year by 3% from what I was told

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gerimghoff will be 25%+ more than Harvestec but worth every penny. Harvestec doesn't chop as well and is prone to break downs. My experience shows that dealers will run from accepting a Harvestec as a trade. Geringhoff trades seem to be hard to find and if you are lucky enough to find one they don't seem to have depreciated much from new. Check Willmar farm center in Willmar, MN. I think they were or are the North America distribution point. Every Geringhoff owner I spoke with was mighty impressed.

Good luck

·
Registered
588 Posts
Have a local dealer in S. ont that sells Harvestec. The newer ones (MY 2004 and newer) have been excellent. Anything older than that and I would not give you shed room for one.

I have an 04 830 that now has approx. 33-3400 acres on it and all that has been done (outside of maintainance) is replaced the knives at 26-2700 acres. The gathering chain tensioner has not even been adjusted. I suspect the chains will go 5000 acres.

I love the machine, it chops awesome, but it does take power.

To reiterate, the newer model is COMPLETELY different from the older ones that had trouble. The parts are all superior and it does a fantastic job chopping. Leaves the stalks in 3-6 inch pieces.

It is the only head I will run on my operation. LOVE IT.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Harvestec Corn Heads

Coming from a 2 year experience I will tell you that those, including Harvestec, who handle manual deck plates are light years ahead in offering the combine operator the intelligence to decide how to set his/her deck plates. The last two years have shown us "less than desirable" formed ears. Automatics process a skinny tapered ear as popcorn or seed corn and run them through the knife rollers. Search internet for OXBO research on this feature in harvesting seed corn. Studies, researchable online show that stalk diameter may vary 5/32". This is based on varying applications of nitrogen. If you apply dilligintly you will not see this variance. So, take control of your combine and harvesting mechanically and have a super harvest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts