The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started some beardless wheat with a 9610. having a hard time getting a clean tank and all the wheat trashed running cylinder at 700 and fans at 1150 noting is going out the back but have a dirt load any suggestions.

·
Registered
193 Posts
what are your sieves set at? How big of a head are you putting on the machine? what is your ground speed? it all makes a difference.

I have a 9610 with 930, ran about 10acres so far so the machine is not shined up yet so i can't run that fast and fill the combine to its capacity, so im getting a not so clean sample myself...I am going 3mph, fan about 1200- 1250, cylinder 750-850, concave 0, pre-cleaner closed, chaffer 14-16, rear chaffer 16, sieve 6.

Once the combine and head get shined up i should be able to go 3.5-4mph and have a cleaner sample. This has happened in previous yrs so im not to concerned just yet

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zero in front 12 middle 14 in back 6 under already shined up can do 2.5 mph nice crop but cant get all the wheat out of the heads and then it ends up in the tank concave is at 0 and speed is 700

·
Registered
54 Posts
O also keep it pushed full capacity all u can back off once a while and the screens aren't full all the way across and that seems to put trash in the tank real bad

·
Registered
745 Posts
Your screenings (crack) would be thru the roof then in most varieties I cut

It only happens if you dont feed the combine enough...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It only happens if you dont feed the combine enough...

You cut plenty of Australian varieties in 115 degree heat with a 9610, have you arcus.. Its the same point I was trying to get thru to combiness. beardless was the only wheat ever cut at that high a revs.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
we harvest alot of beardless wheat got two bloke we harvest for that love the s#$t. we run flat out on our 7010 about 1100rpm and the convential bloke that harvest with us run that 900 to 1050rpm

·
Registered
83 Posts
Grab a handful of seed and remover the plastic adjustment cover for access to the bottom sieve. Close the sieve to zero then throw the seed across the seive, open them up until they just start to fall threw (probably around 4 not 6). Increase your cylinder speed but keep an eye out for cracking on the tips of the seed.

Don't overload the return elevator though by "overclosing" the bottom seive!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
You cut plenty of Australian varieties in 115 degree heat with a 9610, have you arcus.. Its the same point I was trying to get thru to combiness. beardless was the only wheat ever cut at that high a revs.

You know I havent cut a single arces there

But this doesnt matter, basically its the same process in every dry conition (we also grow varieties which crack really fast). There were some scientific papers which investigated the forces which the grains are suspended to when they are hit by the concave or by the drum/cylinder... and whats essential for the effective threshing. And by far the biggest reason for cracking was the rpm... when you ont have enough material in the combine. If you feed it enough the cracking wont happen, because the drum/cyliner accelerates the grains and the additional material cushions the forces again...

I mean you can see it live in ur sample... when you speed up, it gets better. Its the same with the dirt which comes over the sieves... at the end of the feil when you dont feed the combine anymore you get all the dirt in.

Dont you change the settings during the day when it gets hotter? More concave...less rmp.... and in the evening the other way round?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
arcus I don't have trouble setting my d**n combine!!!! I simply said to the guy above to try 850+, I didn't say stop at exactly 850 ffs, and its where all this b.s. started. When I need help setting a lexion in a 10t/ha wheat crop in germany I'll call you. Until then I am more than ok.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I didnt wanna lecture you. Sorry for this impression. I dont doubt your abilities to set ur combime...

But the phenomen stays the same. No matter if Deere, Case, Lexion or NA, Australia or Europe...

And by the way, I agree with ur advise to try more than 850rmp...

Greeting Arcus

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't want to start anything
but i have a 9610 with 930 platform and i was running ONLY 870rpm's on my cylinder and i had an excellent sample in the tank!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts