The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I need some help here. I am raising chick peas this year and it a new crop to me and very new to my area so no one has any info on how to setup my machine. Anyone that runs an 8570 in chickpeas large kabulies, what are ya running for concaves and other things? Mine's setup for wheat and barley now airfoil top sieve standard lower everything basically stock. Should have been trying to find out sooner hot dry here looks like the chickies are going to be comming on sooner than i hoped they would.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hardest part in Aus is stopping the header burning to the ground or setting fire to the countryside. Some years are a lot worse than others last here was a shocker. Cleaning down every box full and a man on stand bye with the firecart. Dry dust is the problem.
Some scientist discounts static buildup as a fire cause but how else do you start smouldering on top of the front elevator or rotor cone.
The dust also seems to attract to hot exhaust manifold and build up there quite quickly. Wind direction plays a big part tail wind is worst.
Settings are easy similar to peas just a fraction bigger.
Have fun but be careful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.