The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I’m amazed at the leveling technology that goes into those machines. We farm some extreme ground so I have a good idea of the challenges these guys must face. You could put a monkey on a thresher on level ground but the hills takes a little thought to not f things up.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I recognize the farmer there. We farm east under the power line closer to the Blue Mountains. There is a lot of variety of terrain. We run levelland Gleaners on our steep slopes. We haul to the ram elevator so see those trucks a lot in the summer. Great to see videos of our area.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I recognize the farmer there. We farm east under the power line closer to the Blue Mountains. There is a lot of variety of terrain. We run levelland Gleaners on our steep slopes. We haul to the ram elevator so see those trucks a lot in the summer. Great to see videos of our area.

Why do they have such waaaaay long A frames on the trailers? And do you have laws that mean you have to use single axle dollies instead of tandem?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would volunteer to drive a combine there for a season..

I remember harvesting around Dutton, Montana,was a few hills had to harvest some fields like having a shave.
Was a few times on side hills I got scared and turned down hill,boss said I looked like a tigermoth being shot down,I blamed the fact that my machine didn’t have duals..his response was there was no duals back in the 70’s!good times

·
Registered
455 Posts
Why do they have such waaaaay long A frames on the trailers? And do you have laws that mean you have to use single axle dollies instead of tandem?
The main thing for length is for bridge laws. No law on axles on trailers. There are some three axle and some 4 axle trailers being pulled behind a straight truck. More axles makes it that much harder to pull am empty trailer up some of the grades. We have grades our semis with triple axle trailers just won't go up while our truck and trailer outfits will climb. If real remote we can drop the trailer and just run the truck. Most truck taller combos aren't making a long highway run like a semi.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts