The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a second hand SP swather - getting a few more canola acres every year and the pull type just isn't keeping up anymore! We have a pretty new New Holland 1475/HS18 haybine, was hoping to be able to mount the conditioner on the swather tractor as well if I did buy one. Am I stuck looking for a New Holland / Case power unit or has anyone had any luck mounting a New Holland hay head on a competitors machine (some 4890/4895 Deeres starting to get pretty cheap.........) John Deere and CNH units both mounted Honey Bee swather heads so the lift arms and hooks must be pretty close..........

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
We have a H8060 NH swather with HS18 sickle header and HB30 draper. You need to have a kit put on your power unit to run HS18. We were shopping for used as well but for the heck of it we priced out new and were pleasantly surprised at the price. Talked to one guy who went to JD and bought the Macdon equivalent for about the same $. After running the HB draper and our MD 973, I wouldn't be shopping for an HB. UII reel does not even come close to the MD reel. We don't really need the extra HP of the H8060 but we thought a guy might run a disc header someday. MD hay headers are supposed to be good too. Worth checking out anyways. There might be a reason JD 4895s are cheap....they were built to run disc headers and that's it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.