The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was talking to a dealer today and he had mentioned that Gleaner is supposed to be talking with he thought Sunnybrook to make some changes to the rotor and or concaves and even cylinder bars, he had said Gleaner is trying to make changes to help with rotor loss and some help to get less fines in corn, just wondering if you have heard anything like this in the works for new models in 15. Also if you were going to order a new combine what options would you definitely want, we are possibly thinking a new 68, thanks for any thoughts and help.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was told that they are putting the channels back on and coming from the factory with sweeps. Now if only we could have the option of no reverse bars and have all discharge paddles or not. That's just the way I would want them. I was also told that it takes 15 hp. for each reverse bar, that's 60 hp. WOW!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Because corn and beans rule. Matt 708 did the feeder floor mod and is still having all kinds of trouble. Kevin said the feeder house is fine and it looks like it is in there videos. Works for him so don't fix it if it's not broke.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Doesn't sound like they are working with Sunnybrook on this stuff (that is to bad). Kevin called before 2015 build was etched in stone and was going to give it his best to have channels in place just like IQ wanted for the start of production. Feeder mods won't make it without another year of test trials. Gleaner did copy the what I called phase one of feeder mods. This was big step forward but isn't the phase two that I was on when they got phase one in production. 95 percent of the kits I put out were phase two. There were about a dozen other kits done as phase 3 but they were a fair amount harder to do and phase two working very well. I don't know what phase we are at now but hope Gleaner follows suit very very soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.