The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the trailer home today and just wanted to load the combine up and see hot it was all going to work out. took me a bit i was alone and didnt want to go "over the edge" so to speak. got off several times to make sure things were going ok. ive included a few pics of how much the drive tires hung over. about half were on the trailer and half werernt. i could swap sides with the tires and narrow it in quite a bit, but i wont fit my row patter all that well. i will do it if need be, but dont want to. you experienced haulers tell me what you think about how much the tires are hanging over the edge. safe or not??

·
Registered
322 Posts
Decent old trailer looks like. Probably be ok if it's chained down real tight, not much you can do about it. Would be nicer if it was on more.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the comments. i moved it about 30 yards after i loaded it, and omg i looks like hauling a bowl of jello, they way it moves and rocks. i think the pucker factor is gonna be high when i make the maden voyage up the caprock with it. beh, keep me posted on the late milo, im ya go to man

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Tubeless or tube-type?

What brand?

Weather checked?

How old?

Worn evenly?

If you answers are:

tubeless

NOT KUMHO

no

<5 yrs

fairly...

You will be great, otherwise you will be fine. We pull our rotors 60+ MPH in 100+ degree heat without any issues. Dad changed one on the road this year, a Micheline that was likely original with the trailer (mid 90s). On those tires age and original quality mean so much. No matter what you are better off than the old 16.5 pickup tires.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Chain her down and haul *ss, 1/2 of the tire is enough if you are comfortable loading and unloading.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man oh day, Brewmax that 9610 looks really sharp! By the way it sounds your ready to haul a$$ with your trailer and 10 series!
Still want to kill some of your hogs some day, farmin friend asks me all the time about it.
Have a good one,
DeereCattopher

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not sure where you plan on going but with those wheels dished out you might want to check your width and see if you need a permit. As far as how it is setting on there you will be fine. When loading I always used the pieces on the feeder house that hold header and kept them spaced equally with the main frame rails when going on and that will keep you centered. Also would recommend loading on a level surface.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the comments on the machine. i bought it in march of 07. the previous owner bought it new. always been in a barn and only cut wheat and milo never corn. it had around 1100 hrs on it then ive put about 400 one it since ive had it. the dealer had its twin sister, i tried to buy them both but it was already gone. ive put lots of $$$ in it since ive had it. no problems really, it was just time for a rebuild. it wasnt greenstar ready when i got it, so i bought the bundle/kit to make it yeild map and thats been a nice addition.

walkerblocks,cranks,feeder chain, return chain, clean grain chain,concave angle, st.johns concave, st johns bars, lowen ext. sieve adjuster, greenstar yield mapping, 4 new tires, thats just the stuff i can think of off the top of my head.

come shoot some hogs i cut a patch of milo today that they had riddled

1 - 12 of 12 Posts