The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was out in MB... that's a contract hauler. Gross is 62,500... he could haul 41 metric tonnes legally.

Yes, the farm in MB is sold. Possession date is.... Today!

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
This was out in MB... that's a contract hauler. Gross is 62,500... he could haul 41 metric tonnes legally.

Yes, the farm in MB is sold. Possession date is.... Today!
Wow, Christian! What did he have for a truck in front of that? With my W900 and a set of Prestige trailers, I could haul 43.5 MT. Why is he only at 41MT?

Andrew

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
hey Chris, do you guys have a legal weight per axle group law (20t for a tri group, 16.5t for a tandem group) sorta thing, or does it have to do with tyre size and axle spacing as well?

steve

·
0 Posts
Wow, Christian! What did he have for a truck in front of that? With my W900 and a set of Prestige trailers, I could haul 43.5 MT. Why is he only at 41MT?

Andrew
all the guys coming in the yard here for hauling corn or winterwheat load 41 mt, none of them left the yards with 43.5.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Mb super b weights on primary highways (except routes that allow 63500)

steer 5500kgs
drives 17000kgs
centre or bridge 23000kgs
rear 17000kgs

total 62,500kgs

alberta, bc and sask allow 24,000 on centre tridem so total weight increases to 63,500kgs

tare weights range usually from 18,000kgs to 20,000kgs depending on truck and trailer spec lode king are heavier trailers than doepker by about 700 kgs and about 300kgs heavier than wilsons lode king aluminum trailers weigh same as there steel trailers. trucks can range in tare from about 7800kgs to 9500 kgs depending on frame, diffs, bunk engine truck make etc as a rule of thumb toba trucks are specced lighter genrally under specced in terms of hp diffs etc and as you go west spec and power increase most alberta trucks are over specced in some minds remeber lighter truck means more payload

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts
Snake as a reference I tare at around 16.8t gross legal at 42.5t with single trailer.
We are allowed:
6000kg steer
16500kg tandem
20000kg tri

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Snake as a reference I tare at around 16.8t gross legal at 42.5t with single trailer.
We are allowed:
6000kg steer
16500kg tandem
20000kg tri
Gess mate you need to lay off the cool cans a bit, were tare at 16.2t. With steel chassis tipper. I thought the way trucks in NA weigh lighter and super bs been belly dumps be under 20t tare. Lights good, no point carting shiny stuff around that keeps that tare weight up. You win though with c15!

Our axle groupings are same here unless go mass management. How do you go getting the steer upto weight with that big long freight liner mate.

Madsnake

·
Registered
825 Posts
Doepker lists their super b standard weight as 20,900 lb / 9481 kg. before options. 11R-24.5 tires are popular and that's all Wilson offers. Tractor weights are variable as noted above. They don't have much wiggle room on dimensions, so they all tape measure out pretty close. Doepker and Lode King have dimension drawings. Wilson's site gave me problems until I turned Flash off. Have a look.
Doepker Products
Lode King Industries - Product Portfolio
Wilson Trailer - Pacesetter Super-B - Overview

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Mine tares at 18,300kg. So that lets me haul a 45mt legal load. I didn't realize other truck/trailer combos could be so much heavier.
Do you know what your axel groupings tare at? What truck and trailers do you run?

If we could use your set up, with both trailers on tri's in my part of Australia on mass management should gross 68t for a net of 49.7t.

Madsnake

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
We've been using tandem axle ali end tipping double road train. Last year we had a prime mover rated at 140t so very heavy but still tared at about 22t. With CBH's extra mass we could load 52t.

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts
That's a pretty light tare for a bonneted truck.
Steel chassi tipper aswell. Alloys discs and bags would save some weight.
Can't load the front axle to well.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
That's a pretty light tare for a bonneted truck.
Steel chassi tipper aswell. Alloys discs and bags would save some weight.
Can't load the front axle to well.
Mate I thought for a full size prime mover you were tare off great. We're a very basic l9000 bay cab and 1 fuel tank, to be as light as we are with steel chassis tipper.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
The big Euro trucks, when spec'd with pto, oil tank, bullbar, etc, are taring over 6000kg on the steer before they leave the show room.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts