The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the 635D's working, are there any problems with them both performance of the head and with the new combines themselves, we're just trying to fend off possible problems before they get too far north.

Last year we heard about the clean grain elevator was the main thing.

Thanks, Alex

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
So in theory, by the time the Canadian harvest hits, they should be perfected?
Maybe there is some advantage to the great white north.

Don

·
Registered
45 Posts
We have had 1 knife drive gearbox fail and five hydraulic rams on the guage wheels fail and numerous hardware has fallen off, other than that not much has happened. This is on 9 different 635d's so far at about 125 hrs each. AZCUTTER

·
Registered
400 Posts
i was with several doing 8 bu wheat in texas. we were going 6 mph in "on the ground" mode
the customer was very impressed. since then, they have gone off the ground and only problem i heard was that one of them had som hyd hoses loosen up and leak.
i have set up 14 and have found a lot of loose hardware

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a new 9870 and 635D, The 635D is the first draper head in our area so I really don't know anything about Draper heads. It feeds really well and we have been cutting alot of that junk 8 bu. wheat with 60bu. straw right on the ground. Only problem with head is it cuts lower on left side in auto. mode, it was calibrated at dealership but we may have to redo it. 9870 had a brake sensor bad from the word go but that is fixed now. I had dealer install 4 wheel drive of off 6o series machine and we have had some issues with this, It is not engaging and disengaging properly. I don't really need it in a desert anyway. Machine seems really quiet, new monitor is nice and easy to operate, Lots of power, diesel is around 1-1.25 gal. per acre depending on straw thickness. Wheat is all poor unless it is on top of Hill where the freezes did not get it most wheat won't be harvested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How to you adjust the Cutter bar from the cab on the new 635D? My machine has the old manuel and doesn't mention how to adjust it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sts tech mine is cutting lower on the left side. I moved the cylinder on the right to the front but this did no good. This is in automatic mode. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it really cutting lower or does the contour master just tip all the way to the left? If that's the case take your left ram and move it always the backwards and the one on the right side all the way forward, that should fix your problem, if it doesn't I'd probably leave it up to the dealer to fix.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Alex: It really is lower on the left it is a perfect pattern. I moved cylinder on right forward but it did not help. I will try to move left one back tommorow.
Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
does your head have the transport system and if so, have you used it?

when put on tranport, it may have collapsed the wheel assembly out of adjustment.

i also had a few where they wheel assembly was stiff and wouldn't swing down easily

·
Registered
188 Posts
STS i do not have transport wheels we bought a J&M trailer it is really nice. I have been running head on rigid mode little wheels in the air. but i did remove the pins by the float cylinders. We have alot of flat fields so it isnt a big deal. Combine has been flawless since brake sensor.

·
Registered
136 Posts
what do you mean running in rigid mode? With the wheels locked up in the air? If you are running this way you are running the head on the ground and using the pressure for your height adjustment right?

·
Registered
188 Posts
NO iAM NOT, IAM SETTING HEAD MANUALLY TIL IT IS FIXED. i SET HEIGHT AND GO FIELDS ARE FLAT IT WORKS WELL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts