The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, 470r, had it about 6yrs now. Ive always had a hard time setting it for milo, but this year has been a nightmare. Im runnin a 530flex, 50-90 bu milo, 12-16% miosture. It was doin great for the first 500 or so acres that was 13%, running 5mph or so throwing nothing over less than 1.00 FM. then we moved into some wetter stuff15-17%, and everything went to pot. completely changed all the settings and the best I can do is 3mph, close to 5 fm, and if I push more than 3mph it throughs it over the rotor or plugs the return. Im stumped, running 7mm on the concave, 650rpm concave, 850 rotor, upper seive at 14, lower at 8, fan at 1350. Getting alot of small pieces of stalk and hulls in the tank. not cracking grain at all. If I slow the rotor down or change the cylinder or concave any it throws it out the back. Have the small grain aps grates in, but I closed the doors the other day and it helped somewhat. grains somewhat dry, stalks are still green. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. sorry for righting a book.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
You have tried different settings buy still not happy. Have you climbed around the machine to make sure all is well. Sometimes engage thresher and at idle, walk around and look/listen for something wrong. Next, inspect concave. Make sure it is not plugged. Make sure it and APS is level with proper pinch point. Make sure both rotors are turning. Inspect rotor cage via the back that they aren't plugged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive checked everything I can look at or reach to on the outside. I havent checked the internals outside of looking up through the rock trap or down the back, the rotors might be an idea, havent checked those I guess. The dealer we work with is strictly corn country so they have no idea what milo even is let alone how to set it. The milo got wet on us so it'll be a few days before we get back in the field but I'll check the concave an rotor and see whats what. thanks for ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.