The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had the valves stick on their mover? I haven't moved ours for a while and 2 valves wont move one way but they will move the other way. Is it possible for water to get in their and freeze stopping movement one way or why do they move one way and not the other?
Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
One of my movers started doing the same thing. Is the drive valve I just keep a bar close by when I go to move it and give a bit of a pry. I was just thinking those handle bars were maybe out of adjustment but haven't had time to put it in the shop and check it out

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
You may very well have an icing problem in your case but did want to also mention that over time its possible for the ball socket type design ( assuming its similar to the Wheatheart movers valving ) to start becoming stiff due to lack of lube. I thought for sure it was the internals of the valve causing it to become stiff and that I would have to replace the valve block but it wasn't that. It was just the ball mechanism behind the boot that has a tight tolerance and was dry of lube so I took them apart and lubed them up with a winter grade semi synthetic grease and its been perfect now for a few years. That is what I would suggest, even if its moisture getting in, grease packed in there will help hold moisture from finding its way into the pivot assemblies and I don't think you have anything to loose by giving that a shot with your worst moving control and see how it seems.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We have one that doesn't freeze and the other that freezes the winch control and reverse control. It will always go forward and the intake will go up and down. Don't know how water gets/got into it. Anyone find the cause/remedy of this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.