The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems getting our header controller calibrated on our 2188. Every time that I try to calibrate the controller and get to the dn step, the feeder house will start to lower then stops and raises all the way to the top and code Hu0 pops up. The book says that this is an open/short to ground- raise solenoid circuit failure. I'm a little confused why its popping up because we are not having any problems raising or lowering the header. We did some work last winter and had the feeder house off and ever since then we have not been able to calibrate the header. We also replaced the feeder house height sensor and since then the height has been stuck on 63, which I'm assuming is because the controller has not been calibrated?
Has anyone came across this problem in the past with their machine? If so was it just the solenoid giving problems? Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
make sure that the pot on the left side is the good one because they got 2 different number the right side if you got one use for the yield monitor

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out that the height sensor arm was the culprit causing the problem. The arm broke inside the bracket because it locked up where it rotates on the bracket. Got a new assembly this time, which it looks like they've updated the whole housing. I'm still getting and S1 code after the calibration is finished though, and everytime that we start the combine the code flashes on the gauges. What all will give the S1 code?

andrewjohn, we have not had any problems with our reel speed. We've only had the machine going on 3 years now. I dont know if the previous owners had any problems with it or not. What kind of problems did they have with the reel speed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts