The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every so often when I start the combine the header height indicator shows a really high reading. It seems to do this when we switch headers mid-season, but it happened again yesterday morning when I started the machine. Picking up down corn I had been running the header at 13, but suddenly that same height became something like 33. It will be like that for a few days, and just as I get used to the high numbers it'll fix itself and show normal readings.

It might be related, but a few times I got a S1 error (books shows that as height sensor) when I started the machine, and earlier this week I got the error while harvesting, which was a first. Cycling the key will clear the it. Is the header height sensor going bad, or is it randomly switching to metric units or something?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
What is happening is the sensor is going out of it's normal range when unhooking the headers . In the manual there is a procedure to calibrate the sensor . and yes the higher #'s are the proper ones to use as they can affect the automatic return to cut feature if too small .
Marshall

·
Registered
9 Posts
To reset height reading lower header to the ground and hold the lower button until the reading goes to 2 ( or 5 if in metric). Check the height sensor on the top of the feeder housing to see if the arm that works the sensor is not slipping on the shaft.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the height numbers in the a-post can be directly related to the feeder position sensor on the back left side of the feederhouse as madmechanic says unhook the gold arm with the turnbuckles on it and see if it moves freely and if your numbers change nice and gradual if not replace it and do a feeder cal and then a ground cal with a head on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts