The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some help. I have an 89 or 90 JD9400 combine. I recenetly bought a newer 920 flex head with lights on it. Did all of the 9000 series combines have the lights ran in the wiring harness to the head because none of the lights work.

If not does any one know which gauge wire should be ran and where to connect into the wiring on the combine.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
45 Posts
those early 9000 combines didn't have the relays to run the extra lights but it can be done, the old saying time and money will buy you what you want. There is a couple of ways of doing it, your dealer should be able to get you the Deere way but there is other ways also. GL

·
Registered
521 Posts
No, not all the 00 series had the proper wiring to run header lights. You could probably find the correct circuit, though, and jump off of it. Just make it where it quick-connects right there on the left side of the feederhouse where your hydraulics hook up.

As far as the size of the wire, sorry Im not sure....but personally I would use a size or two up from the size that is supplying power to some of the other lights on the machine. 12 ga. comes to mind, but don't go off my guess..

Finally (and Im sure you know this) I would not get too large of a light for the rear-facing header lights. Mine are OEM, and they are just the little 4" round lights with a simple bulb...easy to change while in the field, and I can get a replacement bulb just about anywhere. It's amazing how much light they put out.
Does your header have the mounts for the lights made onto it already?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help.

And in response to TXfarmer the head is set up with all the lights already, I am not adding any I would just like them to work since they are there.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Is this what your looking for.
STUBBLE LIGHTING:

Stubble lights allow the operator to see the area directly behind the header.
Combines ( 640101 - ) will be already wired for these light kits.
Combines ( - 640100 ) will have to be wired for these lights. To do
this, add a wire from pin 15 in connector C901 to a splice on wire CC507 in
the combine's left hand main harness. Pin 12 must be connected to a ground
on the combine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts