The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall during harvest and now during wheat harvest I've started to notice that the header seems to take forever to raise. I haven't timed it, but I'm guessing that it takes somewhere around a minute to raise the header from cutting height, around 8in, to clear up. I've tried messing with the nobs in the console that change the speed for this and it does not seem to affect the speed at all. The nob for the lowering of the header does affect the rate that the header goes down though. I can make it drop like a rock. I was wondering if anyone has had problems like this in the past with their machines and what ended up being the problem. This is on a 2188 with a 30' 1010 header.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
You need to do a header calibration, next time you have the header off do one. It walks you through in your manual, or if you call up to hoxie implement they will walk you through step by step. Our 2188 did the same thing when we first bought it and the calibration fixed it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, no that you mention that I haven't calibrated it since we did some work this winter to the combine and had the feeder house off. I'll have to pull into a ditch and get this think calibrated. Its pretty frustrating when you have to get the header up to dodge something and you have to slow way down at the same time to accomplish it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts