The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are running a 1981 1440 w/ a 1020 header. The header Reel want work but you can hear the valve trying to move something.
We took the hose off and there is no fluid come out the hose that raises the reel! Anyone had this issue??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I'lll take a stab at this... have you changed the hose to the other plugin and see if that makes it go up and down.

Id say you have something plugged in the hose..

·
Registered
50 Posts
The cable could be stretched, and out of adjustment (if it came on gradually, moving slower and slower, then stopped). It'll move the valve just enough to block off some oil flow and make the bypass squeal, but not enough to do anything (my 1460 did it once)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK guys here is a brain teaser for b/c it sure is messing w/ my head!!

Looking in the owners manual it said that valves #3 & #4 operate
@ the same time to raise the reel. While #4 works alone to lower it.
So with that said I took the cover off the valve assembly and checked the wires going into # 3. OK there was no power there and I checked it w/ a meter to see if it was completing a circuit, and it was not.
I also checked # 4 with the meter but it was completing a circuit.

OK, I made wire to run directly from the switch to # 3 valve. Now when I tried the I had power to # 3 but now I had no power to # 4. So I took the #4 wire loose from the valve and checked it w/ the meter and it had power. But once I stuck the wire back on the valve it didn't have power!!!!!! IS THAT CRAZY OR WHAT???

I don't know what the deal is???

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I think you can manually make those valves work with a screw driver in the end also their should be a very fine inline filter before the valve they will stick easily with any contamination

·
Registered
21 Posts
We had trouble with the same thing on a TX66. That system is electric over hydraulic right. The problem we found was that the batteries cables were not tight/bad conection. And we were getting intermitent movement. The voltage meter was reading normal, and the combine running but still nothing.

Once we tightened the battery cables everything worked normal again.

Give that a try..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, Guys we found out what was wrong..

First of all we had more than one issue causing this to happen,

1. The couplers where bad. (we hooked it up straight)
2. The power to the switch was in and out.( We ran a new hot
wire from the fuse box to the switch)
3. The plug on the wiring harness from the switch the
other harness is old and has bad connections.(we clipped the wire from connector and put them together)

So now we are ready

Thanks for the help!! This is a great forum!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts