The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if you folks could answer a question for me: When/which model combines did Gleaner add the header work lights (stubble lights) wiring? I know none of the combines prior to the single point had them, but were they on the late model Rx5 combines? Its confusing, because the Gleaner schematics don't show wiring for header work lights, even though I know the later model combines have them! (Even the S9x schematics show nothing!!)

If any of you could chime in and say "I have a (S67, R76, etc) and Dynaflex head and the stubble lights work" It would help me nail this down on our combine model spreadsheet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not that there shouldn't be!!!!!!!!!! I also thought about adding some up by the flasher. Seems the bigger the head, its hard to see objects that far out, also be nice while opening up a field at night. And beig able to see in the bean dust.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI: After not getting much response here, I took a drive to a Gleaner dealer who had a bunch of combines. I took along a test light! What I found was every Gleaner with factory single point (Rx6 and newer) has pin 20 on the single point connected to the lower work lights switch. Interesting, because no combine schematics show it!
Yet the Dynaflex schematics (attached) clearly show wiring for work lights! I guess its an option nobody adds. A long time AGCO service tech said the same thing....never seen a head with them!

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Jeff-C-IL, thanks for the info! I have added lights and moved them around on my S88 to get good lighting. Thought about adding some on the header but didn't want to deal with wiring from the box to the head. Might need to check into this if I don't get my combine sold.

·
Registered
536 Posts
We adjust the bottom right and left side lights on the cab so you can see behind the header, never seen any lights attached behind the header on a Gleaner.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2004 r75 has single point but it runs back to a smaller yellow plug and doesnt have stubble lights but my dynaflex is wired for them and even has brackets and just above brakets is plugs stuffed under the plastic on top the tube iv never added wiring to them but might do as our deeres have them and there nice to see how high your cutting

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think that Deere has some kind of patent on the header stubble lights.

Lots of little silly patents on simplistic things.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Haha ya knowing deere least agco put wiring and brackets there you can put what ever lights u want on there there is something in my shop manual about a relay for stubble light but iv not checked my r75

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have a single point adapter kit. The R75 had the factory 13 pin "trailer" plug with no "stubble lights" wiring. Adding a relay would not help, without the wiring. Only combines that were equipped with the single point from the factory have the wiring. Now, you could add a wire from your left lower work light down to pin 20 on the single point adapter, and put a couple LED (Low current draw) lights on your header.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts