The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the Headsight aftermarket header height control unit? Or is this fairly new. Case dealer said it works better than the factory one as it uses 3 sensors with one in the middle, not just the outer ones. Anyone else use one of these or install one. I have questions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Much better. Does sense height off all three sensers just not the middle. We put this on a 2412. Still not as happy with the header height control as with the deere we traded. But that's the only complaint. Very impressed with the red machine.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Will a 3408 have just one sensor on the corn head..or should i get the headsight...whats the cost on this for an 8 row...

thanks

·
Registered
809 Posts
If the 3408 is set up to use your header tilt (field tracker) it should have 3 sensors. I believe the center one runs the head up and down and the ones on the outside run the field tracker.

Headsight does make a nice setup for a header control. Alot of guys put them on drago's and other corn heads.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got a 1083 and it has height control but you'd have to have it completely on the ground for it to work, what could i put on the flippers to make it work?

·
Registered
134 Posts
well the reason you have to have it completely on the ground is because there is just a little flipper there that is about an inch long. I'm assuming that you are suppose to put something on that flipper to hit the ground?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Headsight kits we have been installing on 12 & 16row heads are setup to run from 2-5 sensors. We have normally been running 3 on 12r & 4 on 16r.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We are running a headsight on a 35' 2020. The system is amazing! We have to replace the sensing wands about every 100 hours but I think that is a small price to pay. So far we have cut all standing grain with the header in rigid. Today I switched over and will start cutting garbanzo beans with it in flex mode. Instead of installing the sensors on the cutter bar I mounted them behind the skid plates on the channel iron where the chains hang. This allows me to use the headsight instead of the factory auto height when in flex mode(you also don't have to remove skid plates in rigid). I am pretty sure it will work great this way as well. We have been very happy so far and would strongly recommend this system to anyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts