The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is using the Headsight tilt kit on macdon FD70 or FD75 and how do you like it?
I talked to headsight it sounds like they have 2 kits available one for off the ground and one for soybeans cutting on the ground id be interested in the one for on the ground
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,055 Posts
Who is using the Headsight tilt kit on macdon FD70 or FD75 and how do you like it?
I talked to headsight it sounds like they have 2 kits available one for off the ground and one for soybeans cutting on the ground id be interested in the one for on the ground
Thanks
Not sure what you mean by a second kit, it only depends on whether the gauge wheels with locked wings are used or not, same electronics utilizing float springs on or off ground.

Yes, it’s the icing on the cake to have lateral tilt control!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Headsight has a kit with feeler fingers that go up front for rigid headers. I sounds like they have got the kits mixed up and are not getting you the kit for Macdon fd75.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I went to the headsight website and only see the macdon tilt kit, which I believe just uses the skid shoes or guage wheels to adjust the height. It shows the feathersight kit that uses the ground sensing rods or the hydraulic pressure sensors on the center adapter, but it appears that is just for the deere headers.

If you have some literature showing the new headsight kit for the macdon flex drapers, please post it. I think there could be huge potential having a ground sensing rod for cutting off the ground and being able to instantly drop the header to cut on the ground. Would be nice to do that with a macdon header from the combine cab.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Let me clear up the confusion. We have several kits available for MacDon, depending on usage.

First, for on-ground cutting (like soybeans), use the "MacDon tilt kit". http://www.headsight.com/tilt-kit-macdon-heads This kits feels the motion of the float optimizer, both up and down and side to side. This allows the combine to keep the float optimizer at the correct tension (height) and square to frame of the head (tilt), so that the float optimizer can perform properly even thru rough terrain. It can also work with the head riding on the gauge wheels in some off ground conditions. This is one of our best selling products. I always tell customers "If you ever find yourself wanting to manually tilt the head while running, this kit will help you".

Second, for cutting wheat, oats, etc, use the off-ground "Wheat" system. These are the "bow" sensors that mount under or in front of the cutterbar and allow cutting from 2-3" up to 18-21" off the ground. Its for use with the head locked in rigid mode. They are available for all MacDon heads, and many others as well....not just JD. http://www.headsight.com/header-height-control-grain-headsight®-0

At this time, you cannot seamlessly switch between the two modes...you have to chose one or the other. Both can be on the head, just only one used at a time. However, the "Feathersight" add-on to the wheat system can allow you to drop down to get small patches of down crop by tying in to the lift pressure and adding it into the height equation. We don't recommend it for on-ground use over large areas.

Third. For the ultimate system, we now have available Terrahawk with Horizon and float sensing. This system combines our Terrahawk radar sensors with the Tilt kit sensors, & a f/a pitch sensor, using our sophisticated Horizon controller (Wow I sound like a sales guy-- help!) to allow full adjustment over the height range in all conditions. All adjustments are done thru the VT on the cab. Its $$$$. http://www.headsight.com/terrahawk®-radar-height-control-grain

·
Super Moderator
3,055 Posts
I
Let me clear up the confusion.

This system combines our Terrahawk radar sensors with the Tilt kit sensors, & a f/a pitch sensor, using our sophisticated Horizon controller (Wow I sound like a sales guy-- help!) to allow full adjustment over the height range in all conditions. All adjustments are done thru the VT on the cab. Its $$$$. http://www.headsight.com/terrahawk®-radar-height-control-grain
Sometimes clearing up confusion adds more!
So the system ties into the header fore/aft tilt circuit control on the MacDon?

Think that’s what you are saying.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I
Sometimes clearing up confusion adds more!
So the system ties into the header fore/aft tilt circuit control on the MacDon?

Think that’s what you are saying.
Oh--no sorry. We add a sensor to the f/a pitch cylinder so we can adjust the height related to the pitch. The Terrahawk off-ground sensors mount out front on the ends, and if you change pitch, that changes height significantly. By adding a pitch sensor, we can keep the same height as you pitch the head f/a. Just a nice feature, you can adjust one w/o changing the other!

Sorry for the confusion---shoulda just let that comment out. Irrelevant to the main post!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts