The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with helical concaves? I run a 9750STS and the idea of running a helical concave in the front position seems like a good idea to me, or should they be run in all three positions? We are having trouble with partial heads in the sample and i thought this might help the situation. Any comments or experiences about this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My neighbor has them in but due to the snow and rain, no one can give me an answer if they are better or not. IF i found somehting out i will let you know as I am interested in them too. I built some blanks for them as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi on a 9750 the best thing to do is get a set of precision concaves and rasp bar you will love them no need for filler plates and a lot smother feeding i have a set on mine run at 20 t25 concave clearens and 950 to1050 rpm dose a nice job.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have one customer that ran 1 of them last year in the front in a 9860, and didn't like it, swapped it out in 200 acres - but it came with the combine, and I don't know if he gave it a fair shot. I had another customer run a front one in his 9650 this year and LOVES it, says he has a better sample at higher groundspeed. So I'm up in the air on them, too........

·
Registered
180 Posts
We are running a helical in the front of our 9760, followed by a small wire, and then a large wire in the third position. we were having issues with un thrashed heads so our dealer suggested we try this.We did very little wheat after we set it up like this, but I believe it was better. The more interesting part is what I found today. Over the weekend we went hard on canola, and it was less than ideal conditions, tough, wet straw and tough damp seed. When I pulled the sides, the helical was totally clear of any plugging, the small wire was completely blocked off, and the large wire was about 60% blocked. Maybe it was just a factor of everything getting mushed by the time it reached 2 and 3, I don't know. When I saw the mess we made on the sieves, elevators etc, we left the wet canola alone. I guess we will have to wait for colder weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts