The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I've been registered here for several years, but have only talked to people via private messages from time to time. I figure it's about time to introduce myself, and it seems like this would be the place to do it. I'm from Northeast Arkansas in the USA. We farm rice, corn, and soybeans. We run Deere S680's with the rice package and variable stream rotors. It seems like there are a lot of good ppl on here and lots of good advice. I know rice is a small percentage of discussions online and it's a whole different type crop to harvest, so I hope I can contribute and offer some help to people with my experience with it, as well as corn and soybeans. I look forward to learning from you all as well. Have a great day.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome! How many hours would you say your combines go between major rebuilds in rice? I've worked on some imported rice machines before and it's been a very mixed bag wear wise

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ricerar , what brand and type of rice tire are you running on the front and back of your s680s. I assume you have rear wheel assist and wondered is it OEM from deere or after market. Also does tracks work in rice fields? I farm in the red river valley and until the current drought, we ran firestone rice tires 35.5 32 on our deers until now I have duals on my s680. Do LSWs 1250s work in the rice fields.?
Also had a question how you do to fix up rice tire ruts in rice fields. What type of tool bar do you use?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts