The Combine Forum banner

Help Identifying this part of a 2188!

2490 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  05cummins
Hello all,

This is my first time posting pictures so I hope they show up. Anyway, I found this little piece under the oil pan on our 2188 combine. I've looked and looked all over the engine and I cannot find where it came from. It's like the one part broke of from a brace or something which is bolted to the little block part which has odd kind of bolt going through that. It started leaking antifreeze coolant somewhere around the engine block about half way through harvest last fall and I'm not sure if this little piece has anything to do with it. And I can't find the water leak yet, so we have to take all the tin work off and get a better look. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it!




See less See more
1 - 4 of 10 Posts
It kinda does look like a hinge for something and it possibly can be, but that bolt where it hinges is really tight which might have caused it to break off.
Alright, thanks for the replies. I will for sure look between the injection pump and the block because it makes sense for it to fall down to where I found it from there. I'll keep you guys posted on what I find out. Thanks again.
You guys were right. It is a brace between the pump and the block. I took it to my mechanic and he said don't worry about it. He said as long as the bottom brace is good then don't worry about it. Thanks for your help everyone!
1 - 4 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.