The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to do? I found a 1460 WITH AN 820 20' flex platform for $15,000.00. 1460 has 5200 hours, excellent condition. Good rotor, many new parts, chopper, rock trap, stone retarder drum, new screen, new sieves, meticulous records of repairs, good tires, shiny paint. cross flow fan, new unloading auger tube, augers good, no slop in hydro shaft, newer hydraulic hoses, new seals in planetary, 3rd lift cylinder, etc. Cab good condition, don't know anything about the motor except it had oil and filters changed religiously. My question is. Is 15,000.00 too much?

md

·
Registered
223 Posts
15K can be cheap or expensive depending on how badly you need it. I think they go for 8K and no head up this way

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not a bad price, not a great price either, the motor and pumps, unless they were replaced or rebuilt are kind of at the far end of their useful lives. Check the sieve bushings and see the article on this page for their replacement.

Look at it like this, old as it is, its still current threshing technology, you can update certain things like the sieves. If all you are doing is a couple of hundred acres, it should be a good investment.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I say that's a good price if it's in as good shape as you say it is. Always better to spend a little more if the machine has obviously been treated well. You could find one cheaper and wind up putting several thousand dollars in it easily. Check the coupler that goes from the pto to the hydrostat for free play. That's a common failure that will leave you stranded when the splines strip

·
Registered
111 Posts
If everything you say is new is new then there's more parts in it than the $15,000 they are asking. That makes me a little leary of it. Another thing, with those kind of hours I would be concerned about the rotor cage. Neighbor dropped a ton of money into his 1460 a few years ago & the rotor cage collapsed before harvest was over that fall. Combine had about the same hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts