The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some great video(s) of us cutting milo. My [new] video camera records video onto little CD's (about 3"). I tried to play the CD on my computer, and it would not play...so I had to "finalize" the disc. The disc would play, but I never knew how to save the video to my computer...so I could upload it/them to YouTube.
When I installed the CD, after finalizing it, a "sonic" program automatically came up on my computer to play the CD. It played great. I also tried Windows Media Center..I (think) I could play the CD on this, too, but never knew how to save it.

Now, after doing all of that, I put the CD back into the camera, and the video(s) are messed up, some...There are "gaps" in the footage, plus the sound is messed up. None of this happened before I finalized the CD and/or put it in the computer.

I may have not given you enough info to help, but if you can I would appreciate it..BIG TIME!
THanks

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Sounds like you're recording onto Mini-DVDs. Might want to check the technical information of your camera to see what it is supposed to be doing.

If you have video on a Mini DVD, it should be playable in any (newer) DVD Player. It is possible to rip that back to a computer file format, but you'll need the right software to do that. Did the camera come with something to do this?

You need video in a .AVI, .MOV, .WMV file or something like that to post it to youtube.

-Lance

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, Gracias! Thanks for the reply.
I bought this camera, new, about 6 months ago..I do not remember it coming w/software, but I could be wrong. Right now, I can not even recall the brand name of it...I do remember buying a short-term subscription to Consumer Reports, just to have the intel. to be able to buy a good one..

I will look into it..It makes me POed, though...I had some pretty cool video, and now it is pretty screwed up..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts