The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the john Deere 2630 screen with autotrac controller for steering the 550 quadtrac (integrated with the case steering not on a steering wheel). I was wondering if anybody had the same setup and if they could help me with some of the settings. I have spent a lot of time changing the different sensitivity settings such as acquire sensitivity, line sensitivity tracking etc but I can't seem to get it right.
Once it is on the line it's fine but when locking on, it is either is very aggressive and judder or takes too long. I just can't seem to get a happy medium. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
524 Posts
How many hours on the tractor? Just a thought but if it seems kind of random it could be a bleed off in the steering hydraulic circuit. Steer cylinder bypass etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many hours on the tractor? Just a thought but if it seems kind of random it could be a bleed off in the steering hydraulic circuit. Steer cylinder bypass etc.
It's only done 600 hours. It's had the john Deere autotrac system on since day 1 so can't really tell if it's that or something in the tractor like you said. I'm fairly sure it is the autotrac side as if I reduce the sensitivity settings it is a lot smoother however you can be 50m up the paddock before it is fully in its line.

·
Registered
809 Posts
If the link works, maybe this website can help you fix your issue.

Viewing a forum - Precision Talk

Edit. I did a quick search down at the bottom of that page using the keywords 2630 and quad. Your issue has not been discussed on there but it sounds like there are guys running your combination of equipment that might be able to help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts