The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First slip clutch, new to me 2388 w/500 sep hrs. J&M extension w/bubble up auger. When bin is appx 75% full (rice) the slip clutch will slip, have tightened all I dare to, how tight is too tight? Low volume in tailings, rice averaging 200 @ 14%. Incline auger has some wear but not what I would call wore out, bubble up auger has some wear on bottom 8" or so but there too not what I would call wore out. Where the fix?

Reverse speed, about half of the forward speed in any gear. Where too is the fix?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Re: Help w/2388, Elevator slip clutch & reverse sp

For the clean grain elevator: check to make sure it's running on the fast sprocket. If it's in slow it can't carry the grain away fast enough.

I'm not sure about the speed issue. I thought reverse was slower than forward, but I've never really tested how fast it goes in reverse. Don't know if I want to be doing 8mph backwards.

·
Registered
163 Posts

« Result #1 on Aug 26, 2009, 2:15am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check to make sure the clutch hub is not worn out, if it is the jaws will not be held all the way together and it wont stop slipping. There are heavier springs available from a service builletin( the ones used on a 2588), (From a previous post , maybe this would help.)

·
Registered
349 Posts

Check the springs on the clutch, they do crack sometimes. If that doesn't work, take the bolts out of the springs and put a few washers on them then retorque with impact. If that doesn't work you could take the springs out and bolt the two halves together, might not be the best though.

·
Registered
156 Posts

If it has slipped very much, just replace them. Save you alot of jacking around, someone said check the springs and bolts, make sure they are not broke. DON'T grease it, I had to replace 2 of them last year in corn. On both machines they were just wore out, if they slip much it is done replace them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.