The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a 17.5ft head in 80-100 bu wheat. Running around 3.7-4 and it is doing fine. Not loosing hardly any out the back, but I am getting some heads that are not threshed out in the grain tank. It is always the last 1 in. or so of the head, but there are not any unthreshed heads on the ground. Also I am getting a little bit of chaff in the tank and there is threshed kernels in the tailings. I have it set by the book. But maybe a little tighter on the concaves. It is a standard rotor and it has 3 of the cover plates installed on the concaves. We are running large wire concaves. 1st wheat harvest ever for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like you do need to tighten the concaves up. We used to set the concaves nearly closed around 1 or 2. You may also want to check the rotor speed. Seems like we used to set it about 900-1000 for wheat. Also seems like we put the fan around a 1000. Sieves between 1/4" and 1/2" open.

We always harvest in dry conditions so it may be different for you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had the same thing with my 1440. I ran a 20 ft header on it in about 40 bu wheat at 3-4 mph. This was my first harvest with a international. Ive always been around John Deeres. The wheat also had some frost damage but I was blowing some over so I slowed the fan down and then had too much trash in the bin. I set and reset the seives the concave was at anywhere from 2 to amlost 0. I parts of the heads in the bin and I think it was the frost damage that was my biggest problem. Ive been around combines my whole life and I was stumped. Need Help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts