The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the reel on a FD70 in front of R-76. I have installed MacDons speed up kit and went from 4 to 5 mph. Checked flow at drive motor, getting 10 gpm. The dash monitor says 30 rpm but the reel is actually running 66 rpm. Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not quite sure what you are talking about. I also have a FD 70 on a R-75. I did have to install the speed up kit. Did not think that it did much. I too have questioned the flow. Don't know if this is what you are getting at.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the problem I am having. At 6 mph I am pushing wheat forward with the reel because it wont run any faster. MacDon rep called me today but they want to see it run in crop to decide anything, 3" of rain Monday.

I have ordered a 36 tooth sprocket for the reel from the farm store but will have to machine bolt holes and put MacDon hub in it.

G

·
Now I don't know much about the FD70 header, but I thought that the reel lift and speed were run off the combines hydraulic system. I'm sure thats the way it was on our R62 when we ran the gleaner head with it. On our Massey that is the way it is as well. So to adjust the speed can't you speed up the flow at the main valve block on the right hand side of the combine? I think its just behind the wheel.

Another thing to consider is that it may be a sensor issue. When we demo'd a R75 our old head's wouldn't run at the proper speed. There is a difference in the number of teeth on the sensor pickup between the new ones and the old ones. Their is a jumper kit that was available that allowed you to run the reel speed manually.

I may be totally out to lunch, but your gleaner dealer should know what the problem is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts