The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Man that was quick. Alex just told be about that combine last night. Were these pictures taken just recently in Alva, OK?

Oh, and keep the pictures coming.

-Lance

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Exp. was on harvest last year, those where taken in Minot ND last Sep.
There are alot of changes coming out on it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Did you get to see that beast in action? I'm curious how they control the bi-fold auger so that it doesn't spill a bunch of wheat when it gets folded in while the auger is still full.

I've also heard the rotor in this is about 3 feet longer than normal. Can you shed some light on anything else new with it?

-Lance

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drove it for awhile. The Bullet Rotor, that is not a secret anymore, it is the same length. The reason the combine is 3 foot longer is because everyone kept complaining about there is not enough room in the engine compartment, that is why it will be longer. But the biggest is the new engine coming out a 9.0L. And a few cab changes. The auger fold is great, no leaking problems from what I been told. And new speader fans as you can see a pic below, those things are great.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I actually talked to my uncle about it indepth for a while and he said that it is an updated version of what is posted above. He said that the bullet-rotor is for real. It's posted right on the side of the combine on the right side above the greenstar logo it says BULLET-ROTOR. I know it says that I seen it but then again this is a newer model of it so I guess they just keep updating. The whole rotor is 3 feet longer now probably in addition to the added size of the rotor mentioned before. Snell Harvesting, the crew I am with will have a John Deere prototype combine this fall and I will go take some pictures when I am around just so I can see it in action and show you guys what it's all about. I will give you a full report on how it runs etc. I am 100% sure that they make a "Bullet-rotor" though now as it does state it on the side of combine. He said that they put a 9860sts sticker on the side of it to keep interest down in it, but it's really the combine that'll replace the current 60 series when they come out.

Alex

·
Registered
61 Posts
HI GiBBSONs,will DEERE also change the Outside exterior of the CAB & put a all new bigger CAB on the new series,because its about time Deere to do it since they have changed in interior of the combines. will it have a larger cleaning system, anyone who knows, answer, just curious!!!

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been told that DEERE was working on a whole new system- touch screen and all that fun stuff, but I guess the whole thing kinda messed up and they just booted it at that time, that was last summer. I dont think much change is coming to the cabs yet, that will be a few years away. But I do know that DEERE still has 1 or 2 Bi-Rotors out there on the harvest run a year.
I am guessing they will come out with those in 2009 2010 sometime around then.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well Gibbonson,if the 2006 combines are going to be a new series they should change the CAB, especially the CAB exterior & the front sides of the combine. The Cab exterior just don't seem to go with the rest of the combine,every since they changed the outside styling on the 9000series to the 50 & 60 series, the exterior part of cab seems it needs replacing or a face lift,because aside from the changing of the lights on the cab roof above front glass,the cab from outer appearance only,still look like the 9000series CAB. Good to know they are improving the Rotor,etc. I just hope they really go ahead with the new style CAB you mentioned,at least it will look like a new series all around the machine so the front won't look like a 9000 combine. Good to know that they are still testing the Bi- rotor also,thats great!!!! GO DEERE!!!!! KEEP ME POSTED!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also I do like the changes on the inside of the current 60series combines, I guess that is what counts the most,the inside. Give me a all new bigger cab with a 12 inch touch screen etc.,that can be divided into 4 3 inch smaller screens that I can see major fuctions at once!!! thresing,loss amount,etc. Go DEERE!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
No shoe changes? How does the shoe keep up in the 9860STS. Is this Bullet rotor supposed to give the combine more capacity? If it does how will the shoe keep up. Has anybody run the 9860 against the CR 970, Case 8010, and other class 8 combines. How does it compare to loss out the back?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah JD95 guy I don't understand how they are going to increase capacity without changing anything, I have been around a 9860 harveting & drove a farmers 8010. Capacity is very close on JD & CASE, neither combine has any leaps & bounds over the other , loss was about the same both machines harvesting 55to 60bu drilled soybeans about 6.6 mph with 30 ft heads,field was clean at harvest very little weeds. I konw that JD9860 cleans differently by design than CASE though, even though on paper the case 8010 system may seem largest but the case design is mostly for other things in the way that it cleans, they relaly are about the same capacity wise.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would say JD95 GUY, grain lost out the back was about 10 to 15% on both machines, no more than 20%both combines were moving fast, but did a overall good job . One thing that DEERE has the clear advantage over the CASE 8010 is the 630 platform, you or anyone can tell the difference, maybe if the 8010 had a better platform it would have more capacity.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Cutting soybeans at 6.6MPH, wow! I bet that didn't look pretty.

As for this new combine, I'm confused. Every combine can be basically split into 3 pieces - engine, threshing, and cleaning. If Deere is increasing the engine, and making the rotor longer, then why isn't the cleaning area bigger? Simply throwing more HP at the sieves won't make the grain fall through them any faster.

-Lance

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey mx270a I thought the combines were harvestingto fast myself, but if the combines went to much slower,there would be more loss out the back, it takes speed just to keep these Class 8 machines threshing systems full at capacity. If you going to run 4.5 to 5.5 you might not want to get a Class 8 machine,trust me . The Deere hydroflex head takes the speed better than the case head though, I guess because of the double cut sys,etc. Considering the speed, they were harvesting at, I thougt the loss was acceptable, the combines set ting were good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts