The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Here is the lastest pic of the new 2006 9660 S

Seems like they did change the cab alittle, notice the changes to the lights and the added safety rails in the very back of the machine to keep people away from the speaders.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Look like the same Cab, other than the lights & rails, why don't Deere get it, FULLY-redesighed,ALL-NEW larger cab,inside & OUT,not halfway desighned. They might as well not change the series,if they are not going to bring out vastly improved features,just makle it a 60series update or something. At least they did chnge the interior of the sts when the 60series came out, but if this is going to be the third sts series they have to change more, they must have not seen the 8010 CAB yet, or Deere just don't have the tech stuff ready yet for a all-new cab. glad to see we are getting a new improved rotor,etc,but that hardly justifies a title ALL-NEW COMINE.

·
Registered
71 Posts

I agree. Deere needs a new cab bad. That to me is there big downfall, i was really hopeing for one this year.

·
Registered
504 Posts

You might want to pay closer attention. They aren't changing the series, as it's still a 60 series machine. They are just making subtle changes for the new model year.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

From what I've understood this will actually be a new combine series. I believe it is supposed to be a like a 70 series or something. They put the 60 series stickers on them to divert attention away from what they really are, a prototype, so people don't start taking lots of pictures and you get the idea. They may not change them but that's what my uncle told me was that it will be a new combine series when it's released. I have also heard that in 2008 JD is going to compleletely redesign their cab from the bottom up. So look for a brand new cab in a few years, maybe that's why we're not seeing the drastic change right now? AFX 8010 may have all the new monitors etc. but they probably have just as many glitches as the machine itself. Only time will tell.

Alex

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

Quote:Hey Healthy Shade of Green, or any farmer etc, have ya heard anything on the 8030 series row-crop or track tractors or new 30 series 4-WD & tracked models yet. I have heard next to nothing,just wondering. Question 2. is Deere still working on the BI- Rotor combine???

According to the Naegle Inc. website Deere bought the rights to the combine but shelved it. I am not sure if they continued it or not I'm guessing not though. Sorry I don't know anything about the tractors.

Alex

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

There is at least One Bi-Rotor machine running, I think it will be the next big combine to come out around 2009 or 2010.

·
Registered
114 Posts

The 8030s will be Introduced in Fort Worth, Texas, Aug 17-31. I'm going down for Aug 17-19. They will have new 9.0L engines, both IVT or Powershift. some cosmetic changes inside and out, and likely other things I don't know about yet. There will be 5 Wheel Models and only 3 Track Models, no 8630, and the 8130 is NOT being dropped. PTO HP Increases on Wheeled models only.

No 9030 Series this year, most likely next year in Omaha, Nebraska, along with the 6030 Series (and probably 7030 Small Frames).

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

They would not tell me who was running it, or where it was running Someone from John Deere Experiment Department told me, and he is way up there, he said there is at least 1 or 2 Bi-Rotors out there every summer. He also told me they are working on a 42 foot draper header that folds up. This info is true, the guy I talked to was very nice and truthful.

·
Registered
114 Posts

8030Ts are supposidly not going to have any changes to the Undercarriage until atleast 2008 Model Year, and I haven't heard anything about transport speed. The LEAST they could do in the Ts is find a way to make ActiveSeat work, we have a customer with 2 old 8000Ts, and he's been waiting for a couple years now for Deere to make some changes to improve ride-quality.

The word from the Deere factory Reps is that they know their design isn't as smooth-running as CAT's, but the marketshare and the pressure from the Competition isn't enough to justify the $$$ to redesign at this time, unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I think Both Deere and Cat make good track tractors for different types of farmers and land. Both has their strong points and their weak points there is no one perfect tractor in the world.

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I know they are not supposed to say anything, but I dont think he cared really, and his superviser got mad at him for telling us that stuff. Oh its not like its a huge secret anyway its already been out for a number of years, and I am glad Deere is still working on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts