The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One shoe done with tungsten ,one shoe standard both fitted at same time. As you can see by the shape we have gained 1/3 in lifespan and a lot better shape saving fuel and wear on brake out hinges.
The standard shoe has 1 hour left in it and the tungsten one about half a day. The tungsten is chips put on with a mig welder an costs about $1 an inch . The shoe had 3 inches in a arrow on the tip.

Plant
Lighting accessory Grass Tree Lampshade

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where abouts do you buy tungsten chips from? I have normally just got my points done by someone else commercially but is expensive compared to doing it yourself. cheers
To be honest I wanted to buy the set up but it was in the thousands.
We buy our shoes out of Wagga Wagga and they do the tungsten tipping. That $1 an inch would have been 2 years ago as we bought a few hundred shoes when we did. They were the cheapest for shoes and bolts I have found. Cant recall their business name right now, but it will come to me .someone will Know they move a lot of points.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One shoe done with tungsten ,one shoe standard both fitted at same time. As you can see by the shape we have gained 1/3 in lifespan and a lot better shape saving fuel and wear on brake out hinges.
The standard shoe has 1 hour left in it and the tungsten one about half a day. The tungsten is chips put on with a mig welder an costs about $1 an inch . The shoe had 3 inches in a arrow on the tip.

View attachment 49434 View attachment 49442
The points and hard facing came from Points direct wagga.
The hard facing is called Granulated tungsten hard facing.
I have website , email or phone numbers if anyone wants them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.